Following is the list of institutes which are involved in teaching various islamic courses.
The Prophet Sallaahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallaam said:
“When a man dies, his good deeds come to an end except for three — an ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge or a righteous child who will pray for him.”
This way by sponsoring students or supporting these institutes you can earn your reward
- Alhuda institute. They offer various weekday and weekend courses, teaching Quran tafseer and other courses
- Islamic Institute of Toronto. They offer various islamic courses on various topics and ijaazah program
- Institute of Islamic education based in Chicago. They offer various islamic programs such as full time hifz and aalim program
March 16, 2009 at 7:46 pm
“Whoever builds for Allah a mosque (in this world), Allah will build for him a palace in paradise”
- Masjid Farooq in Mississauga
- Islamic Society of Mount Joy, North of Markham
- Islamic Society of Cumberland
- Islamic Centre of Oshawa
- Milton Masjid
- Mosque based in Alaska, USA
- Islamic Propogation Centre of Ontario (Jame Masjid) based on Mississauga. Also known as Cooper Mosque
- Jami Omar masjid in Ottawa.
- Islamic Centre of Clarington.
- Masjid ur Rahmah – Mosque in Downtown Toronto.
- Dar ul Falah – Musallah in Ajax.
Dar ul Hijra – Masjid in Downtown Toronto
March 3, 2009 at 3:24 am
- Niyah Check:
Make sure that you are only doing it for Allah, not to please anyone else or get praised! Remember “The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention” [Bhukari and Muslim]
- Plan plan and plan:
You need to plan how much you are going to spend in charity. How frequent would your contributions be? For example you may decide that you will spend 5% of your income every month. Remember the Prophet(صلي الله عليه وسلم) was asked: “Which deed is most beloved to Allaah?” He said, “The one that is continuous, even if it is little.” [Bukhari]
- Where will you spend:
Write down the categories of organizations that you want to donate to. For example: masajid, educational institutes, orphans, poor and needy etc.
- Plan out the proportion:
How much are you going to donate for each category. For example, you might decide that I will donate 20% to masajids, 50% to support poor and needy and the rest 30% to support educational institutes.
Its time to research the organizations. To make it easy, I have compiled a list in this blog.
- Automatic Payments:
Look into setting up automatic monthly payments. This way you will not have to worry about donations every now and then. A great way to give Shaytan a black eye!
March 2, 2009 at 1:34 am
Inshallah in this blog i hope to bring together and categorize all the charity organizations, masajids, institutes and services in one place. This will inshallah make it easy for us to diversify our charity. My main focus would be canadian charities and mostly the ones which allow for online donation. I will Inshallah post the links for these categories:mosque under construction, organizations involved in supporting needy and the likes, organizations involved in teaching and spreading the knowledge, mosque that need our support for maintenance, orphan sponsorship etc.
For this work to be complete, I need YOUR help.
1. If you know of other charity websites, that belong to a given category and has good features, please post it in the comments and I will update my post
2. Tell your friends about this blog so that they benefit from it as well.
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect.
3. Suscribe to the feed so that you can be notified of the new posts
March 2, 2009 at 1:29 am